- Understand the provisions of the Noise exposure regulation 1989 (FMA 67)
- Recognize the anatomy and physiology of human hearing.
- Realize the effects of noise on human hearing.
- Understand usage of hearing protection device, Noise Reduction Rating (NRR), and the selection, fit, use, storage, maintenance and care of such devices.
- Realize the importance of audio metric testing and explanation of the procedures involved in conducting the test
Training is an integral part of a preventative strategy, and is in addition to the provision of information.
The target groups requiring this training are:-
- Managers and supervisors of employees who are considered at risk of noise induced hearing loss
- Employees who may be exposed to excessive noise at work
- Health and safety committee representatives, and
- Staff responsible for the purchasing of plant, noise control equipment, personal hearing protectors
The program consists of classroom lectures, work site visits, practical demonstration and video presentation
- Module 1 – FMA 1967 & OSHA
- Module 2 – Introduction To Sound And Noise
- Module 3 – Anatomy And Physiology Of The Ear And Human Speech
- Module 4 – Hearing Protectors And Its Application
- Module 5 – Audiometric (Hearing) Test